Look around the site, FaceBook (www.facebook.com/alexanderyoodotcom) FaceBook Pages (fb.me/alexanderyoomft; fb.me/alexanderyoopsychconsult), and videos (links forthcoming), to get a feel for how I work. If you have any questions of a non-time-sensitive nature, call (323) 834-9828, or email me (email@example.com). If you’re calling to start teletherapy/distance therapy, in-person therapy, or to obtain an assessment letter, however, please call me. Even with all the availability and immediacy of social media, text, video, and chat, in order to start we need to begin with a phone call. (323) 834-9828.
While I try to check my email daily and social media accounts as often as possible, for appointment-related concerns, forego the email and social media and call (323) 834-9828. Do not use email, text, or social media in emergencies or times of crises. Most forms of electronic communication including email use high- level encryption; use it at your own risk.
• Email, phone, and any other ways of contacting me do not constitute consent to conduct therapy or a therapeutic relationship. (Starting therapy involves intake forms and signed informed consent with a mutual understanding of legal and practice guidelines).
- Cancellation: To cancel or reschedule appointments, please call (323) 834-9828. Your weekly appointment(s) times belong to you exclusively. Understandably, life interruptions happen. Please give at least 24 business hours (not including Saturday or Sunday) to cancel or reschedule so the time may be used to help others. Thank you.
- Out of Session Contact and Emergencies: Text can work for appointments and scheduling, but not for emergencies or urgent concerns. If you have an urgent matter that cannot wait until your next scheduled appointment, call my voicemail at (323) 834-9828 and leave a message. 15-minute check-in phone conversations will not incur charges. If needed, I will try my best to reschedule you for an additional session, as available (in-person or distance therapy/teletherapy).
In Case of Emergency and Crisis:
In case of mental health emergencies, call me at (323) 834-9828 and indicate 1) the nature of the emergency and 2) your phone number, twice, clearly. If I do not return your call within 20 minutes, please assume I did not get the message. In that case, call a crisis hotline, suicide hotline, 911, or any of the following resources. Call me back and leave a message to indicate that you have done so. (Links below subject to change and are provided for general information only. Alexander Yoo, LMFT assumes no responsibility as to their content, accuracy, or the privacy policies of the agencies listed.)
- The Los Angeles 24-hour Crisis Hotline at (800) 854-7771
- Your local county Psychiatric Emergency (Response) Team (PET/PERT)
- The Trevor Project at (866) 488-7386 and www.thetrevorproject.org for LGBTIQ youth
- 24-hour crisis intervention numbers (based on county) – http://mhsoac.ca.gov/county-mental-health-services http://www.mhsoac.ca.gov/mhsa-programs-and-services